Friday 12 June 2009

As promised - some knitting!!!!

Yes, I have some finished items!!!!!!


This is my first lace shawl. It's knitted in some vintage (i.e. old!) yarn I got from eBay. It's a blend of 50% merino wool and 50% cotton. Super soft. I'm very pleased with it and I was extra chuffed to find matching tassels - in Basildon market, no less!!!! The pattern is by Ilga Leja, a gorgeous pattern and very easy to follow. I have a couple more of her's that I am keen to knit. I'm now knitting it again in my GORGEOUS laceweight that Colin bought me (reluctantly - it was VERY expensive!!) on my birthday from IKnit London. That will teach him to take me to a wool shop on my birthday. Tee hee!



The next one is my first ever piece of laceweight, again one of my eBay bargains! Well, I've never knitted anything this fine before so I thought I'd start with something cheap!! Mind you, it is still 100% hand-dyed wool from Uruguay so it wasn't bad stuff. I'm very pleased with it, especially with myself for actually finishing it! My blocking leaves a bit to be desired but I am sure it will get better. I've got the bug now and I'm really into lace knitting and laceweight yarn. Lots of shawls for me!

As I'm so pleased with myself, I thought I would show you a close up of the stitch pattern so you can see just how clever I am (tongue firmly in cheek, of course!!!!!!).


I have also made a couple of little neck scarves but they need to be blocked. Watch this space!





1 comment:

misteejay said...

Beautiful Lucy. I would have given up well before either got finished.

Toni :o)